There are lots of parties that happen in the fall – Halloween, pumpkin parties, football parties, not to mention family gatherings around Thanksgiving and Christmas! It can be very pricey to have new outfits for every single soiree, so I suggest buying a few key pieces that are trendy and chic to go with your already fabulous wardrobe!
1. Coated skinny jeans. These jeans are shiny and slick and give the impression of leather and/or metallics. A lot of designers and brands have come out with these, so they are super easy to find! For ultra sophisticated, go for black. For more fun, opt for a copper or burgundy pair! Pair the jeans with a tank and blazer or an open weave sweater and a pair of booties!
7 for all Mankind.
Rich & Skinny.
2. A sweater with some shine. Nothing says party like a bit of shine, no? A shiny sweater [whether it’s actual sequins or just a shiny knit] instantly dresses up a pair of jeans or a skirt. If you opt for a cardigan, wear it over a LBD and let your sweater be the statement piece!
3. The perfect party dress. You only need 1 – if it’s the right one. The right party dress will allow you to pair it with different tights, shoes, jewelry, colors and textures. To find your perfect party dress, think about your wardrobe when you are trying them on. Can you make at least 5 different outfits with the dress – outfits that look different from each other? If you can and the dress is flattering and cut for your bod – it’s the one!
Max & Cleo
Banana Republic [this dress would make an awesome pencil skirt as well!]
Okay, I don’t think this French Connection dress is the perfect party dress. But it is just so fabulous I had to include it.
Erin Featherston. This champagne color might seem intimidating, but it will go with lots of other colors – cobalt, berry, purple, black, gold, etc. It’s a winner!
Kirna Zabete for Target. The jacquard detail keeps it from being a simple LBD and because the neckline is plunging, you can add a sparkle cami under it for extra shine!
4. A silk blouse. This will go well with a pencil skirt for an office function or jeans and a blazer for a party with friends!
Aryn K. Perfect with black jeans!
5. Sequins! Buy at least 1 sequined item for your fall party wardrobe!
Target. This jacket is SO fabulous and SO on my Christmas list!
Zara. Love the midnight blue peplum!
Marc by Marc Jacobs. So expensive. So gorgeous.
Tomorrow: Fall soiree accessories including shoes, bags and jewelry 🙂