I have been very MIA lately, and for that, I apologize But new jobs are very tiring and keep me very busy! But busy work weeks or not, the holiday party circuit is starting and it’s time to start planning those fabulous party outfits. Traditional holiday looks typically include a lot of black, tights and sparkle. But I have some ideas for how to spice up a typical holiday look!
1. Go velvet! I usually forget about velvet because it invokes memories of the J.Lo track suit and party dresses from my childhood. Opt for a velvet blazer or skinny jeans!
A classic by J.Crew. Favorite!
Current/Elliot floral jeans.
2. Gold. Wear lots and lots of gold. With black, especially!
Gold sequin shorts. Do you dare?
Peplum dress by Dorothy Perkins.
3. Lace. Lace is a great way to bring some of the lingerie-inspired styles into the mix. Specifically a lace pencil skirt. The lace is sexy but the pencil skirt shape is so classy. Sexy + classy = a perfect combination for holiday parties.
Ted Baker. A great option!
I love this Topshop shell. It would be perfect with jeans and under a blazer, or with a pop of color pencil skirt, tucked in!
4. Red. This daring color is right at home during the holidays, and should definitely be a part of your party wardrobe. I love red pumps or a bright red dress!
French Connection. This is a great holiday dress!
Louboutin. The same price as my mortgage, I think I’d rather wear these than eat for a week 🙂
5. Outerwear. Let your coat be a statement piece! Since it’s cold, and you have to wear a coat anyway, opt for a bright color or one with special details!
Pied a Terre purple coat. So pretty!
Rachel Zoe. I just adore the fur on this coat.
6. And finally, sequins. I can’t leave them out after all!
Perfect gold sequin flats!
I adore this peplum top!
Alice + Olivia. For someone with a perfect body 🙂
DKNY. I have an obsession with this skirt.
Tomorrow [or, you know, whenever I get enough free time to do it] stay tuned for some head-to-toe holiday party looks!