Summer time has arrived, my friends. It was a balmy 95 today, so I can’t think of a better day to list my top 10 craves for this summer. Warning: Some of these may, in fact, be food instead of style.
1. Lululemon. You guys, I have fallen way down the lulu rabbit hole and can’t make my way out. I justify it by telling myself [and my husband] [and my dogs, because I’ve taken to using their treats money to buy workout clothes…mommy just needs 1 more top] that I work out 5-6 days a week so clearly I’ve earned that $50 top. Whatever helps me sleep at night. I will say, though, they are worth the money, especially in the summer because these clothes breate unlike anything I’ve ever bought at Target. So that’s how I justify it.
This top is next on my wish list!
2. So many sandals. Flat sandals are a huge need on my list for the summer. My very favorite pair of ancient [I’m thinking 4+ years] Steve Madden sandals are barely still together and are slightly embarrassing to wear. The great thing is, Gilt Groupe has been having so many sandal sales. So it’s only a matter of time before I can get the pairs I want at a reasonable price.
Dolce Vita via Nordstrom
Tory Burch. Favorite!
3. White jeans. My white jeans suffered a terrible fate last summer when the seat completely busted open. In my defense, I think it had more to do with washing them over and over to get a stain out [don’t wear white jeans to the park.]. Nevertheless, I need a new pair, and am doing everything I can to find an affordable pair, under $50!
Mossimo via Target, $30
4. The perfect blue. I found a shade of blue that makes my skin look like a dream, my eyes more fiercely green/blue than normal and that perfectly shows off my caramel highlights. Coincidentally, it’s a lulu top that I bought for workouts. Since I can’t exactly start wearing workout tops to work and in public, I have been searching endlessly for it in blouses, sweaters, tees and shorts.
J.Crew Factory. This is very close.
This would work! And perfect with my new white jeans!
5. Ice cream. Do I need to explain?
6. Cute jammies! One of my favorite parts about summer is all of the cute pajamas – shorts, little nightgowns and rompers.
Honeydew via Nordstrom. Told ya I was all about that blue!
7. Coral. Much like my beloved blue above, this shade is universally flattering and screams summer.
Joie via Piperlime.
Kate Spade via Piperlime. I own these in almost every color and they are the absolute best earrings!
8. All things BBQ. Food, friends, drinks and heat – what could be better?! For cute BBQ ideas, check out the blog Hostess with the Mostess (found via Pinterest, obviously.]
9. Sunshine. Whether you’re at the beach, laying by the pool, having a picnic in the park, at an outdoor festival or at the zoo, enjoy the sunshine this summer! To avoid overheating, opt for breezy fabrics in light colors. And don’t forget to protect your skin!
J.Crew factory. Pair with rolled denim shorts and flat sandals or wedges!
BB Dakota via Nordstrom
10. All the summer accessories. Straw hats, sunglasses of all shapes, sizes and colors, bright jewelry and bags. Summer is a time to try some of the more fun trends. Because, why not?
Bauble Bar via Nordstrom.
Merona via Target.
Prada. Love the tortoise, love the cat eye.
There are so many things I love about summer. What are your summer loves??